Generated files in SVN

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 23:05:09 CET 2007

Hello,

Yesterday, while building my patch I've noted the following INSTALL
files are generated automatically by autoreconf but appear in SVN:

ortalo at hurricane:/space/openmoko-svn/openmoko/trunk/src/target/OM-2007$
svn status | grep -v "^?" | grep INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-dialer/INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-simplemediaplayer/INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-messages/INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-chordmaster/INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-appmanager/INSTALL
M      applications/openmoko-today/INSTALL
M      openmoko-libs/INSTALL
M      examples/openmoko-finger-demo/INSTALL
M      examples/openmoko-stylus-demo-simple/INSTALL
M      examples/openmoko-panel-demo/INSTALL
M      examples/openmoko-stylus-demo/INSTALL
M      examples/openmoko-panel-demo-simple/INSTALL
M      panel-plugins/openmoko-panel-mainmenu/INSTALL
M      panel-plugins/openmoko-panel-battery/INSTALL
M      panel-plugins/openmoko-panel-gsm/INSTALL
M      panel-plugins/openmoko-panel-clock/INSTALL

These could be problematic for those without commit access to SVN who
want to build patches for submission/review (they appear everywhere in
the output of svn diff).
I would suggest removing these files from SVN (or renaming if you
modified them).

Rodolphe