Unattended debug of the Neo 1973 hardware

Gergely Kis gergely.kis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:12:00 CET 2007

Hello,

On 3/11/07, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:
> 3) Once you execute the "neo1973 power-off" command, there is obviously
> no way to power it back up again remotely :-)  So don't do that.
Acutally I was thinking about a way to do just that: from the
datasheet of the PMU it looks like that there is an other way to power
up the device using the EXTON signal. As it was confirmed by Werner on
the neo1973-hardware list, it is currently connected to the VUSB line
of the USB connector. The PMU will issue an interrupt to the S3C2410
if it detects a falling or rising edge on the VUSB line. This
interrupt could be handled in uboot, and then wait for a specific
start-up code on the USB. If it does not get it for a timeout, it
would go back to standby.

The real question is: how to interrupt the VUSB line without
unplugging the cable. If it can be done programmaticaly on the
development PC's USB host controller: this would be the best. If it
can  only be done with a special cable then it is also fine (in my
opinion).

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Gergely