Unattended debug of the Neo 1973 hardware

Gergely Kis gergely.kis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 12:05:50 CET 2007

On 3/11/07, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:
> Gergely Kis wrote:
>
> I'll run it through a serial controlled relay box (which already
> controls the power to my development embedded devices) using a special
> cable.

I was just thinking that when e.g. a laptop is suspended it switches
off the usb power line. If the same can be done without suspending the
whole machine, but only for a single usb port, then no extra HW would
be needed.

Do you think (or know for sure :-) ) that this is not possible?

A different solution would be to keep the CPU in ECO mode while a
cable is plugged in and enough charging current is present. This way
no special tricks would be needed, the uboot could react to the start
up code on the USB easily.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Gergely