Unattended debug of the Neo 1973 hardware

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 11 20:32:22 CET 2007

Rod Whitby wrote:
> Here's a photo of my current test rig:
>
>   http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwhitby/413452216/

You rule :-)

> 1) To get (and keep) /dev/ttyACM0 serial access to the bootloader, you
> need to interrupt the bootloader before it boots Linux.

By the way, you may want to look at the extension of the "preboot"
mechanism used by the devirginator. That gives you one command line you
can upload over JTAG. If you need to send more commands than fit into
the command line, you can prepare a script, with a proper header. You'll
also find this in the devirginator. (SVN: trunk/src/host/devirginator)

> 2) The only way I can find to get out of uboot DFU Mode back to uboot
> Runtime Mode is to do a dummy download (e.g. download a file to RAM)
> which puts uboot back into Runtime Mode (from which you can reset or boot).

Is dfu-util -R not working for you ?

> It would be good to have a dfu-util option which just resets back to
> runtime mode without having to do a scary dummy download.

As far as dummy downloads are concerned, -a 0 isn't so scary :)

- Werner