Devirginator packaging

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Mar 15 02:02:57 CET 2007

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rod Whitby wrote:
>> I want to work out how to package this all
>
> Ah yes, at the moment, it's very packaging-unfriendly, because it
> assumes that all its little helpers are in the current directory.
> I guess I should add some "make install" that puts things at a
> standard place and/or adds a wrapper to set up some sort of search
> path.

I'd like to see the following:

In /usr/sbin (cause you probably need to be root to run it)

	devirginate

(which takes an optional "image-dir" command line argument for the
"stash" directory where all the downloaded stuff is stored - so you can
just point it at your tmp/deploy/images directory if you want)

(also takes an optional "snapshot" command line argument to download all
the stuff you need from the openmoko site)

(also takes an optional (defaults to current phase) "hardware" command
line argument to select the appropriate config file)

In /usr/share/devirginator

	all the helper scripts
	different config files for different hardware versions

(which assume that everything has already been downloaded)

How does all that sound as a specification?

-- Rod