python bindings

vivek khurana mailing.vivek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:37:37 CET 2007

On 3/17/07, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Sorry about that -- I just mass-accepted everything when I saw we had
> about 6 pending requests.
>
> Could you guys get together on that project? We really would like to
> see all kinds of language bindings, so I'd like to
> keep the name of the "bindings project" because it has a slightly broader scope.
>
> Would removing the python-openmoko project and joining efforts in the
> bindings-one be ok for you?

 hmm, ok but i have one doubt. Bindings project is generic in nature
and focuses on low level bindings. My aim is to have as many python
modules work on openmoko as possible. I am not looking at releasing
just bindings. I registered this project with an aim of developing
python as an application development option for openmoko, like python
for Nokia.
 Maybe bindings project could become the base of the project or
bindings project could use our bindings.
 I think having inputs from bindings project admin will be good. In
case bindings project has same goals as mine, I am willing to remove
the python-openmoko project and join the bindings project.
Clarification in the starting would be good
Secondly, managing bindings for all languages under one project might
be difficult.

regards
VK