python bindings

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Sun Mar 18 09:07:31 CET 2007

vivek khurana napisał(a):
> On 3/17/07, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:

>> Would removing the python-openmoko project and joining efforts in the
>> bindings-one be ok for you?

> hmm, ok but i have one doubt. Bindings project is generic in nature
> and focuses on low level bindings. My aim is to have as many python
> modules work on openmoko as possible. I am not looking at releasing
> just bindings. I registered this project with an aim of developing
> python as an application development option for openmoko, like python
> for Nokia.

Python is already present in OpenEmbedded and it is working. To get more
python extensions available for OpenMoko powered devices I rather
suggest pkg-python project which will group few developers working on
extending Python packaging. Take a look at [1] so you will see which
ones are already present.

We really should not fragment software support into 'python from OE,
python from OM projects, python from that guy, python from other guy'
but improve existing support. This is not Maemo or SharpROM (which both
has mess when it comes to extra packages).

1.
http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org.openembedded.dev/packages/python