"Can OpenMoko Make Coffee?" - SoC Project Proposal

Redvers Davies openmoko at unixfu.com
Mon Mar 19 09:40:29 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 17:26 +0530, Anil Franklin wrote:

> devices. The availability of a USB host controller and the presence
> of GNU/Linux and associated free software tools opens up an interesting
> possibility.

It does, but usb by its nature is tethered.

I would suggest using bluetooth to communicate with your microcontroller
app.  Tethering a cellphone to a usb cable is in my view going to limit
its use.

Use the neo as primarily a display and input device.  Akin to a
hyper-intellegent RF remote.  Keep the logic in your microprocessor and
off the neo.  You don't want your automation systems to not function if
your phone is out of range.