Calculator for OpenMoko

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Wed Mar 21 21:43:12 CET 2007

Le mercredi 21 mars 2007 à 20:52 +0100, Koen Kooi a écrit :

> Rodolphe Ortalo schreef:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > the local departement also made a few attempts at building an
> > application for our favorite hack device.
> > Have a look at: http://rodolphe.ortalo.free.fr/mokocalc.png for a shot
> > of the display. That's a simplistic calculator, but well, it can do 4
> > operations... ;-)
>
> Cool, but could you make the display window bigger, it will be awfully small on a real neo.

That was around my questions: how should it be done? (Sorry for not
being so clear, but neither GTK nor english are my native
language... ;-)

I tried some "pango" in that field, defining the text label as:
"<span size=\"xx-large\" weight=\"bold\">4321</span>"
That's bigger (but probably not big enough anyway). I guess I should
specify the font and its size. So I see 2 different options:
1) use pango markup to define the font
2) change the "name" of the widget objet and use a theme file to define
the font for that name (like for openmokobutton-* predefined widgets).
Is there a preferred way?

Finally, what is the "preferred" font on the Moko UI? (Maybe I should
re-look at the wiki design information for that.)

Rodolphe