A few questions about i18n (and calc issues)

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Fri Mar 23 18:52:08 CET 2007

Hello,

within OpenMoko, is there a preference to use the Glib/GTK i18n files
(mostly <glib/gi18n.h> and glib-gettextize but possibly more)?

Finally, a more specific question wrt the calculator: does everyone
expect numbers to be fully formatted according to the locale for the
basic calculator display?
This question may sound strange to you, but it happens that I am french
and, in french, we usually do not insert any space or sign between 10^3
intervals so no locale and the french locale is pretty similar (i18n
reduces to the '.' vs ',' decimal point substitution for FR).
So would you expect something like this for the (basic) calculator
result display:
12,345.67       English
12.345,67       German
 12345,67       French