USB on-the-go (OTG)- how to use the Neo1973 with USB host and an external keyboard?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Sat Mar 24 01:47:49 CET 2007

Salve Joe!

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Robert Michel writes:
> >
> >Does anybody knows good tutorials about USB OTG or just
> >a good article how to work with USB OTG and Linux.
>
> While I don't know the answer to your question (I'd try grounding the
> fifth pin to see what happens),
You did it?

> I was corrected on this point a while
> ago:  the device doesn't use OTG.  It can act as either host-side or
> device-side, but doesn't do it with the whole complex OTG protocol.

Then there would be the question, how to switch into the host mode?
And is there any risk to conect to devices in host modus without OTG
protocol?

Ah, and another question about the "device modus"
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Product_IDs
Could the Neo1973 be two or more (virtual) devices simultanious?
E.g. ethernet and mass storage device?

Greetings,
rob