Is something broken ? (failed compile of libX11-X11R7)

vivek khurana mailing.vivek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:29:47 CEST 2007

On 3/22/07, vivek khurana <mailing.vivek at gmail.com> wrote:

> | No package 'xau' found
> | configure: error: Package requirements (xextproto xtrans xau
> xcmiscproto bigreqsproto) were not met:
> |

> | Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> | installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> |
> | Alternatively, you may set the environment variables X11_CFLAGS
> | and X11_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> | See the pkg-config man page for more details.

 Well could not find the casue of this problem but one thing has
worked. Following solved steps allowed me to have a build again

1) Remove openmoko, bitbake, openembedded directories.
2) make clobber
3) make update-moomakefile
4) make setup; make openmoko-devel-image.

I am still not been able to understand why this problem was not solved
by make update ?

regards
VK