GPS GPL driver.

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu May 3 13:27:08 CEST 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:

> Werner Almesberger schreef:
>> Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> You're right, 'stty -F /dev/ttySAC1 raw 115200 -crtscts cs8 -parenb
>>> -cstopb' seems to work better, but still a mute uart.
>> I think you'll be better off just writing a little C program that
>> does read/write and calls the appropriate termios functions. That
>> way, you don't have to worry about program doing weird system
>> call behind your back.
>
> Philipp wrote this: http://en.pastebin.ca/468771
>
> I can only get output if I power cycle the gps, and even then it's only a single 0x00.
>
> from sysfs:
>
> power_avdd_3v: 1
> power_core_1v5: 0
> power_lp_io_3v3: 1
> power_pll_core_2v5: 1
> power_sequence: power_up power_down
> pwron: 1
> reset: 1
>
> I'm a bit too lazy to disassemble the neo and stick in a multimeter (or bring it to the
> lab and attach a scope), so any idea on how to debug this from the software side?

You don't actually need to dissasemble the neo.
Work out some way to assemble a shim.
I use two strips of copper tape, glued to some 0.5mm or so rigid
plastic, forming a sandwich.
Onto each side of the tape, connect the multimeter, set to current.
At least 200mA.
You slip this between the + battery contact, and the spring.

Aluminium foil will sort-of-work, but you'll need to use double sided tape.
Wire can also be used of course, but is a bit harder.
Obviously, don't do this if you're not confident of not shorting stuff.