Please Ignore RS232 message. The subject should read IrDA port... Sorry

Alan Ide gamebeavis at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:34:41 CEST 2007

Well I have spent the day looking and I have found some interesting ideas.
Lirc.org has a linux based IR software that is open source and all the hard
work done. It even has some really nice schematics for creating a simply 5v
powered serial IR device. Now all I have to do is find an open serial port
(I assume any of the open port pins can be used as serial) and figure out
how to access it, and write a driver for the device that Lirc can access.
Does that sound right to anybody else???