Basic I2C driver build help requested

Christopher Heiny heiny at starband.net
Tue May 15 02:21:58 CEST 2007

OK, I'm a total idiot...

I'm trying to integrate an I2C driver for a Synaptics ClearPad
capacitive sensor (as in the LG KE850/Prada phone) into the Neo1973.
I've got a basic driver that compiles and loads fine on my desktop
system (Fedora 6).  But I can't for the life of me figure out how to
get it to compile for OpenMoko/Neo1973 with MokoMakefile or bitbake.

I've created a patch using quilt, and put it in the patches directory
(per the how-to), but it has no visible effect.

I've copied the files next to pcf50606.c in every directory it's found
in.  It won't compile.

I've hacked patch files, make files, and bitbake recipes.  It won't
compile.

I've googled, wiki'ed and searched extensively.  My poor feeble brain
can't handle this.  Can someone take pity and help me through what
ought to be a basic task?

                                Thanks,
                                     Chris