no /etc/alsa/capturebluetooth.state?

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:14:29 CEST 2007

Hey

I take it from reading
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Audio_Subsystemthat I'll use
something like

 alsactl -f gsmbluetooth.state restore

to route a gsm call to bluetooth, but will system audio using eg a voip app
also get routed to the bt headset or do we need another state file for that?
It looks to me like the capturehandset.state and captureheadset.state are
used for getting system audio to the handset/headset so the naming
convention suggests to me that capturebluetooth.state is the missing file.

The wiki suggests there will be some kind of audio routing service... if it
listens on dbus then it could catch bluetooth headset events and act on them
properly. That would be nice to tie everything together.

fwiw, we basically have everything in place in the latest bluez-utils to set
up the control connection and talk to the headset, so we should be really
close here.

Brad