Mono GPS interface

La Monte H.P. Yarroll piggy at netronome.com
Thu Nov 8 18:58:31 CET 2007

Schmidt András wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am developing a cross platform Map viewer and GPS navigation
> application, called YAMA (yamamap.sourceforge.net).
>
> It is written in C# and I am going to port it to OpenMoko. Is it
> possible now to read the GPS information (NMEA data for example) with
> Mono. If not what sould be implemented to make it possible?
>
> Schmidt András

I can't say anything about mono support, but you will need the gllin
executable.

There are instructions on the wiki for setting up a chroot to get it to
work on a recent root filesystem image:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gllin .

Here are some scripts for getting NMEA out of gllin:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPS_scripts