Mono GPS interface

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 9 14:29:15 CET 2007

Thanks for all replies!

Currently the Moko port of Yama is only planned and I have no OpenMoko
phone yet.
On PocketPC GPS binding reads the COM port directly and parses NMEA
itslef. The only reason for that is I did not find any documentation of
any gpsd like server on windows Mobile.

>A better idea would be to use the dbus interface of
geoclue[1], gypsy[2] or even gpsd[3].

I think you are right.

Yama's Moko GPS binding is in design phase, so I consider every possible
solution. I will read the documentation links you have sent. The one I
like most is gpsd.

 Soeren has written that there is a python binding, the gpsd page says there is also a c and a c++ wrapper. One of these wrappers could be wrapped by a C# library.
 It is also possible to create a native C# wrapper (that knows the GPSD TCP protocoll) I believe.
What do you think, which is the best approach?

Schmidt András