pyroute GPS app (+ bit of help needed)

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:20:52 CET 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 12:11 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> 'ipkg install python-pycairo python-pygtk python-netclient python-xml
> python-html python-netserver python-crypt python-threading'
>
> before running gui.py

I installed all of that, then when trying to run gui.py:

ImportError: No module named colorsys

so I copied colorsys.py from my main box...

ImportError: No module named struct

found that in /usr/share/doc/python-2.4.4/examples/Tools/framer/framer/struct.py,
hope it's the one they want.

next it wants urllib so I copied that from my main box

next it wants hashlib so I found source:

http://code.krypto.org/python/hashlib/

/usr/root/src/hashlib-20060408a
[fic-gta01][10:36:55 PM] python setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named distutils.core

ipkg install python-setuptools
Cannot find package python-setuptools.

cp hashlib.py /usr/lib/python2.5/

ImportError: No module named _md5

Hmm I wonder what the underscore means.  It's a dependency of hashlib.

So I remove hashlib and comment out the import for it in urllib.py

Finally it runs.  Wow it's even got the right map and the right
location on it!  gpsd is running and it connected.  Whoohoo!

Anyway to make a package it seems there are some more dependencies
that also need to be packaged.