cannot satisfy dependancies libmokoui2, libgsmd0

Sudharshan S sudharsh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:45:11 CEST 2007

On 10/6/07, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a recent build (October 6, 2007). I am using local/overlay
> method:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Application_Development_Crash_Course#Using_Your_New_Local_Overlay
>
> In my .bb file, I have:
>
> DEPENDS += "libmokoui2 libgsmd"
>
> PKG = `${OMDIR}/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/bin/pkg-config --cflags
> --libs libmokoui2 libgsmd`
>
> It builds fine. When I try to install the .ipk package on the target,
> I get this error:
>
> ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for applicationname:
>          libmokoui2-0 (>= 0.1.0+svnr3064) libgsmd0 (>= 0.1+svnr3074)
>
> I have built the package against the same flashed images on my build
> environment.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SK
>
> --
> Shakthi Kannan
> http://www.shakthimaan.com

Hmm...Just wondering...DEPENDS should contain build time dependencies,
right?..So Is it really required for the packages in the DEPENDS to be
installed for the package in question to install without hitch. RDEPENDS
does that, right?, I mean providing run time dependencies. If yes, the
problem you are having is kinda weird.
[Warning]: A wild wild thought, but maybe you could try assigning the
packages to "DEPENDS" instead of appending them as you had done.

Regards
Sudharshan S