build breakage: midori-0.0.8 clash with webkit rename?

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Oct 17 18:20:55 CEST 2007

Dan Wilder wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Permit a newbie one other question: is there a simple way for me
> to generate a patch file from what I've changed, to submit with
> the bug?

dangerous when a newbie helps a newbie :P
in all seriousness - I am pretty new to this myself, but I have
submitted a patch (once and to a different project) - basically, you
want to do a diff of the files or dirs (your modified versus the
pristine from OE)
these diffs can then be applied by running 'patch'.

This page gives a reasonable overview of the process and I believe is
what I referenced previously:
http://www.kegel.com/academy/opensource.html

HTH,
josh

(I am copying the list on the off-chance this is helpful for others -
actually probably wouldn't be a bad wiki add if it isn't already there)