cvs build: 404 Not found; PV/PR numbering

Henryk Plötz henryk at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 25 17:07:19 CEST 2007

Moin,

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:34:09 +0530 schrieb Shakthi Kannan:

> 1. Why is it looking for __20071025.tar.gz package?

Bitbake internally only uses tarballs for remote source fetching. The
different source control fetcher modules (svn, git, cvs, ...) are
implemented in that way that they fetch the sources from the source
control, then build a tarball (with a special naming scheme) which can
later be used by the unpack step. In the openmoko case there's also one
speciality: openmoko sets PREMIRRORS which means that bitbake will
first try to fetch the tarball from downloads.openmoko.org and only do
a regular fetch if it can't find the tarball there.

As for the 20071025 part: In order to reliably fetch the same sources
when using a source control system it's important to somehow specify
the revision one wants to fetch. CVS unfortunately doesn't offer much
in this regard beyond date and tag. You can set the date to fetch
sources from by setting SRCDATE in your recipe. If you don't set it,
then bitbake will default to just using the current date.

In your case this fails because you only just checked in the sources
and cvs seems to take 20071025 to mean "00:00:00, October 25th, 2007"
and at that time there were not yet any sources in your repository.
(E.g. try it yourself on the commandline: cvs co -D 20071025 fails,
while 20071026 succeeds.)

See
http://www.openembedded.org/user-manual&dpage=src_uri_variable#id2591552

See http://www.openembedded.org/user-manual&dpage=recipes_versioning