Mono on OpenMoko

Mikkel Meyer Andersen openmoko at mikl.dk
Sat Oct 27 16:26:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I made an entire build this morning and flashed by Neo 1973 with both
the new kernel- and rootfs-image. Afterwards I installed mono and
mono-gmcs and tried to compile this program:

/* --- */
using System;

namespace Scienco
{
	class MainClass
	{
		public static void Main(string[] args)
		{
			Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");
		}
	}
}
/* --- */

When I try to compile it at the OpenMoko-device, all I get is this error:
root at fic-gta01:~$ gmcs Main.cs
Illegal instruction
root at fic-gta01:~$

If I try to run just gmcs the same occurs. If I try to debug it with gdb
I get ([...] is copyright-notice):
root at fic-gta01:~$ gdb gmcs
[...]
This GDB was configured as "arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi"...
"/usr/bin/gmcs": not in executable format: File format not recognized
(gdb) q
root at fic-gta01:~$

Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe: what am I doing wrong :-)?

Best regards,
Mikkel Meyer Andersen