Current bugbears

Kalle Kärkkäinen kalle.karkkainen at intstream.fi
Tue Sep 4 09:51:41 CEST 2007

Alexey Feldgendler kirjoitti:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:18:45 +0200, Giles Jones <giles.jones at zen.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Also, what is the point of the "register" menu entry? if the GSM is up
>> it should always be seeking a connection.
>
> Not necessary. Even my old Siemens S65 phone allows one to disable
> automatic network search, so that if it loses network, it doesn't try to
> register automatically (and therefore doesn't waste battery power). In
> this mode, you can get it to register manually using a similar menu entry.

AKA: flight mode. Is it not just the thing that supposedly breaks
interferes other gadgets in hospitals and aircrafts..?

Calling it register is silly. We are already accustomed to Silent Mode,
Meeting and other profiles on the phones. So this should probably go
with that bunch. When phone is on flight mode (or offline) it should not
try to keep gsm alive and connected, more than that, it should be
completely turned off. Other features should still be accessible, like
games and whatnot.

--
Kalle