Finger vs. stylus based apps

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Sat Sep 8 02:46:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 23:46 +0100, Giles Jones wrote:
> Do your best to make them useable with fingers.

Agree. +1. Amen!

In all my years of using small devices, I've never really grown fond of
styluses. And I doubt even the perfect stylus app will improve it much.

So unless the screen edges don't raise on a bevel, those edges and
corners shouldn't be used in the UI. And unless the Neo's touchscreen
can get the middle of a thumb's footprint (blasted analogies), those
widgets have got to be a minimum size, as well. Avoid curved movements
unless it's a complete circle. Otherwise stick to horizontals and
verticals. That kind of thing.
--

Richi Plana