accellerometer test

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 21:37:34 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

just got around to testing one (the 2nd one seems broken or unaccessible
on my prototypes) of the Neo FreeRunner accellerometers.

Apart from a bit of jitter, I think its pretty accurate -- I'm very
satisfied with the performance. We can detect lots of different
orientations, including (the boring) landscape and portrait, but also
up-side-down (which comes in handy for autosleeping). I'd love to have
wake-up as well eventually (Andy, Werner?).

The attached python program displays the three axis on the console and
calls xrandr to mimick the usual (yes, boring) autoswitch from landscape
to portrait and back.

I'm looking forward to when we start doing gesture recognition (GSoC
2008). In the meantime, I'll come up with a simple graphical testing
program.

:M: