Handwriting recognition

KlaymenDK jan+openmoko at g-b.dk
Thu Apr 3 17:12:31 CEST 2008

Hi all,
this is my first post here so I hope I get things right.
[To the approver: oops apparently not; I forgot to use the right alias. This
is better, I hope?]

I have been following the threads about input methods and virtual keyboards.
What strikes me is that there's a lot of discussion of keyboards, but none
(afaict?) of handwriting.

First of all, before I get too excited about this, I would love to have a
statement from someone knowledgeable on whether or not the Freerunner will
actually have the 'oomph' to handle online (realtime) handwriting recognition.
If not, I'll just sidle along... :-) (Um, actually, if not, then the wiki page
Input Method should be rephrased to omit handwriting.)

Second, and assuming that it is workable, I would very much like to involve
myself in the discussions and work to implement this. Where do I sign up, who
should I talk to? Sean perhaps? I've made a comment on the Input Method:Talk
page (http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Talk:Input_Method#Handwriting),
so I won't say too much more in this post.

Best regards,
:o) Jan Gundtofte-Bruun
-- 010\001\111 --

:o) Jan Gundtofte-Bruun