Question about contents of rootfs

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Tue Apr 8 07:57:18 CEST 2008

Hi

I would like to know what Openmoko coreteam plans to have in final (mass
market) Freerunner rootfs image.

Currently my GTA01 runs OM 2007.2 interface which is GTK+ based. There are
lot of talks about E17 based launcher/keyboard/apps, also Qtopia Phone
Edition is being adapted to work under X11. How will it end? Would final
device will have GTK+/E17/Qt libraries + lot of Python to make all
components work or will it have E17 based launcher + Qtopia phone apps?
Or will 90% be done in Python(-pygtk/qt)?

Question is quite important as this is development list and people like to
use this toolkit or that toolkit but there is no information which
toolkit is/would be 'blessed' one.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant