[RFC] change openmoko-panel-gps to notification only?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 16 23:44:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 23:25:05 Martin wrote:
> I agree that the behavior should be consistent between the notification
> icons, but
> there are at least two choices: make them all insensitive; or make them
> all react to input.

Right. Consistency is important. You should be able to touch anywhere in the panel and then a dedicated full-screen status/power dialog will come up.

> Simply because you don't see a need for them, others might, including
> the original
> implementor, and myself.

Well, I am mainly the original implementor and the only reason they reacted to input in first place was because a) we did not know then that the display is so deeply "embedded" and b) there was no other way to power on/off in the UI.

Until the software roadmap is more specified and fixed, all of this is basically ad-hoc work to get the current UI to a point where it at least works.

:M: