Future Button and LED software spec

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Thu Apr 17 16:29:33 CEST 2008

I support mickeys RFC, because I think, that this usage makes sense and it
especially is what everybody that ever used a smartphone would expect.
Blue for bluetooth (standard on many many devices with BT) and wifi - I'd
suggest slowly blinking for bluetooth (as this might be used heavy for
headset users and so on - slow saves power), fast(er) blinking for wifi
(maybe in combination with displaying activity by flashing slower or
faster), constant on for both.
Same for power - only reasonable position - glowing while charging, blinking
on low-battery (somehow ironic to suck it down even more, but will be a
useful indicator).
I also like the idea of the d-bus-events for the aux-led. So this led can be
used for indicating every thing we want, might it be messages (mail, sms,
im) in default mode, or other things by an running application that
overrides it (cellmonitor on cell change e.g.).
Of course we're talking about default settings here, there surely will be a
gui to control it all.

@Werner: do you know - or can you figure out - how many GTA02v5 will leave
the factory and reach the customers?
And how will it be possible to find out what revision it is without powering
it on?