Booting from SD, part II

Marcelo marcelo.magallon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:42:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

thanks for the previous replies.

I'm in an odd situation now: the device that I have is borrowed from
someone else.  After poking around, I was under the impression that it
was a GTA01 (because that's what the shell prompt says), but then
after following the instructions in the wiki on how to get access to
the bootloader over a serial connection and not suceeding I double
checked my assumption.  I was wrong, since /proc/cpuinfo reads:

Hardware	: GTA02
Revision	: 0320
Serial		: 0000000000000000

Running strings on the u-boot partition I see:

U-Boot 1.2.0-g1d9e31e0-dirty-moko11 (Dec  3 2007 - 16:17:45)
GTA02v2 #

Opening the device, on the PCB I see GTA02_A4.

And when I asked, I was told this is a v3.  Can someone make sense out
of this information?

Following the wiki, I tried removing the battery, unplugging from USB,
waiting 30 seconds, plugin back USB, holding AUX and then pressing
POWER for 4 seconds (double check: the way I understand the
instructions, I don't have to put the battery back in).  If I do this,
sometimes the ACM device shows up on the host, I can open a connection
to that, but then nothing happens.

Thanks!

Marcelo