Booting from SD, part II

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 19 21:23:17 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008 20:42:33 Marcelo wrote:
> thanks for the previous replies.
>
> I'm in an odd situation now: the device that I have is borrowed from
> someone else.  After poking around, I was under the impression that it
> was a GTA01 (because that's what the shell prompt says), but then
> after following the instructions in the wiki on how to get access to
> the bootloader over a serial connection and not suceeding I double
> checked my assumption.  I was wrong, since /proc/cpuinfo reads:
>
> Hardware	: GTA02
> Revision	: 0320
> Serial		: 0000000000000000
>
> Running strings on the u-boot partition I see:

> U-Boot 1.2.0-g1d9e31e0-dirty-moko11 (Dec  3 2007 - 16:17:45)
> GTA02v2 #
>
> Opening the device, on the PCB I see GTA02_A4.
>
> And when I asked, I was told this is a v3.  Can someone make sense out
> of this information?

Sounds like you have a nice mixup of software on the device. First and most
important rule:

== The PCB does not lie. Your device _is_ a GTA02v4 ==

Second rule: Don't flash a non-matching U-boot into the device (which you can
do via the debug board).

If you can get in the boot menu and have access to dfu-util, then try to
upload a current bootloader for v4. If not, you're out of luck and need the
debug board to flash a v4 bootloader.

Afterwards, you can resume with flashing GTA02 kernel and images.

:M: