[gta02] GPS performance issues on GTA02v5

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Thu Apr 24 18:00:23 CEST 2008

Hi Daniel:

> Since Mickey is here today I just tested his v5 and compare it
> against the other phones. The v4 was always the one that would get the
> fastest fix, see the most satellites, ...
> You can check with a v4 and v5 side by side standing outside and
> comparing C/N ratio between both devices for the same satellites.

Ok, so this seems like hardware has difference, I have to check did they
change any hardware parts during A5 run (for experiential or 2nd
source). Device on the open sky should get fix around 40-50 seconds.

u-blox has strange behavior is: If you start fix at indoor, then go out
door, then the fix will take much longer than direct start fix at outdoor.

BTW, did a5 and a4 using the same test program? (i mean binary or
compile from same source).

Tony Tu