USB developement

Jean-Michel Bouffard jean-michel.bouffard at crc.ca
Wed Apr 30 16:48:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

About a month ago I asked some questions on this list about USB driver
development for the Neo. My conclusion was that the USB port had a
problem because a lots of data was never reaching my receiver, and
this was observed on the usbmon log data.

At first I thought that my receiver might have a problem and I stopped
trying to implement the driver. But recently I tried a USB memory key
on the Neo and it is not stable at all. When I'm copying files from
the phone to the key and then I do a diff of the content of the key
with the original files on my computer, sometimes they are not the same.

This problem was seen mostly when copying large files around 50 to 100
MB. Moreover after a short while that the key is connected, it will
stop responding and removing and inserting the key again will do
nothing.

So my question is that I'd like to know if the USB port on the Neo is
a known problem and if someone else has experienced these glitches,
and if yes, with what kind of hardware ?

Thanks

--
Jean-Michel