iphone-haptic

Jan Gundtofte-Bruun jan at g-b.dk
Wed Apr 2 15:39:56 CEST 2008

On 2008-03-02, Andy Green wrote:
>> Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>> I played with the motion sensors just eyeballing the raw data in hex and
>> I think they're going to be very responsive and cool.
>Motion sensors?
>motion sensors are accelerometers...isn't it?
>how can they be useful for this feature?..I though it was a vibrator issue
>only...(and touch screen of course)

I'm thinking, since one needs to touch the screen to make use of haptic
feedback, then we have to use another method for capturing taps. This is where
the motion sensors come in -- incidentally, the accelerometers do implement
click / doubleclick recognition. Therefore, it seems quite possible to build
an interface that allows both looking&tapping, and touching&pressing.

:o) Jan Gundtofte-Bruun
-- 010\001\111 --