Future Button and LED software spec

Jan Gundtofte-Bruun jan at g-b.dk
Thu Apr 17 19:10:57 CEST 2008

FYI, I have started a Talk page for Mickey's LED wiki page. It's at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:FreeRunner/Buttons_and_LEDs

My two cents, as I've written on the Talk page, is that:

- It would be nice to have the option to not have a 'heartbeat' blinker. A few
of my friends have phones that do that, and I find it really annoying.

- For the "both bluetooth and wireless" network modes, a double blink (perhaps
a short-long sequence) would be better than a continuous light, and might even
save battery.

- About the "increased blinking" as the charge level of the battery increases,
I wonder if this means increasing *frequency*, or increasing blink *duration*?
Personally, I think I would prefer the latter. Quickly blinking lights might
be stressful.

- Regarding the Event blink when there are several (say, three) events, I
think it would convey more information if the Event blink would triple-blink
instead of just blinking faster (blink-blink-blink, pause, etc.). Again, I
feel that rapid blinking is stressful.

Just my thoughts. I can't wait to get this phone on the streets. :-)

:o) Jan Gundtofte-Bruun
-- 010\001\111 --