[RFC] OM dev policy related to OE

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Jan 3 17:47:26 CET 2008

Hi John,

> Including moko-autorev.inc often introduces new revs that depend on
> the later version of OE.  These problems will be fixed on next sync
> and personnally I won't fix them between syncs.

Understandable.

> If we want to use OM mtn for development, the policy should be clear
> that ALL OM related packages cannot commit code that depends on
> upstream OE instead of OM mtn.  There's no way we could maintain a
> stable daily build if we keep changing the outside dependency.

Agreed. Sorry for introducing the new requirement on Vala then. Next
time I'm going to wait for your sync w/ upstream. It would be cool, if
you could send a notification mail (may be automated) to distro-devel
whenever an OE sync. has happened -- then we could do as requested.

Regards,

:M:

--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de