Tiny GPS application

Lucas Bonnet lbonnet at bearstech.com
Thu Jan 3 19:14:19 CET 2008

Matthias Hentges a écrit :
> I've added it to OE as openmoko-gps so it could find its way into the
> feeds eventually.

Does this mean that one day it will be integrated into OpenMoko ?

> I've also found a few problems:
>
> - It is missing an icon ;)

Yeah, I suck at icons, does anyone here have an idea on how to symbolize a
GPS? I'll have a look at openclipart to see if there's anything available.

> - It is missing a .desktop file

Right. Is there some documentation available anywhere on the wiki about how
to make one's application desktop-friendly? I can't seem to find anything
relevant with "desktop" as my search term.

> - If /tmp/nmeaNP exists but gllin is not running, any access to that
> file will hang, so will your app.

Indeed, I'll add a timeout on this, thanks.

> For now I added a .desktop using the Terminal icon
> (http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/44b6c2c76084f72b0b7a6508e3f93c70.png)

That looks cool :)

Thanks for the feedback, regards,
--