Toolchain alpha release

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 7 22:09:33 CET 2008

John Lee wrote:
> Yes, I met this one before and I solved it by 1).

Okay, that's good enough for me. Just wanted to know where you're
heading. BTW, what I need this for are the u-boot and kernel build
scripts, trunk/src/target/*/scripts/

> This environment setting is dumped and modified from OE

Oh, I see. That's why it's so intrusive. For a "only cross-build
environment" type of setting, as in OE, this makes sense.

> I think if one wants to use toolchain this kind of problems will
> always happen.

Hmm, not sure. The previous (oabi) toolchain served us well for this
kind of things for more than a whole year, without acting up.

Thanks,
- Werner