Any OS X developers out there working with OpenMoko?

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 25 12:22:15 CET 2008

On 25.01.2008, at 12:02, Jay Vaughan wrote:

> i'm working fulltime on a macbook pro, but for all my openmoko work
> i just use ubuntustudio on parallels .. there's no real need, from
> my point of view, to have native apps when VM just solves the
> problem entirely and gives adequate performance to boot.

Sure. But VM don't work (well) with older, still powerful machines
like my PowerBook G4 or my PowerMAC G5. I've tried running ubunutu in
qemu but that didn't work out. And I'm still more happy with OS X over
other OSs to at least prefer doing every native, if it is feasible,
bearable.

sorry for ranting, but VMs don't solve everything. :)

matthias