userspace memory

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 30 21:58:48 CET 2008

Hi!

My question is that how much memory can an OpenMoko userspace
application use?

Certainly I see on wiki that the device has 128M of RAM. The question is
how much is consumed by the operating system when it is used "normally"
(eg when talking or writing SMS) and how much remains for a user program
to use?

I am developing a map viewer application that loads the tiles (from
flash or internet) of maps when they are accessed. These tiles are then
disposed but some could also be cached (for the chance that the user
scrolls to the same area again). I am trying to find out what cache size
I could use.

SA