userspace memory

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 30 22:32:36 CET 2008

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> Maybe you should get the amount of free memory at runtime,
> periodically, so that the app can adapt its behavior depending on what
> else is running.

No doubt that's absolutely right! But right now I am in design phase and
trying to figure out what performance parameters can I count with. I
have no device yet and haven't seen any memory usage report. It makes
huge difference whether the base system consumes 10M or 100M.

The question is still open :-). The output of "cat /proc/meminfo" on a
working phone would be informative enough. Thanks!

SA