userspace memory

Jan Lübbe jluebbe at lasnet.de
Thu Jan 31 11:03:22 CET 2008

Hi!

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 21:58 +0100, Schmidt András wrote:
> I am developing a map viewer application that loads the tiles (from
> flash or internet) of maps when they are accessed. These tiles are then
> disposed but some could also be cached (for the chance that the user
> scrolls to the same area again). I am trying to find out what cache size
> I could use.

Take a look at [1]. Is is a patch for a new infrastructure in the kernel
for notifying user processes that free memory is getting low.

It might be merged in 2.6.25 or we could apply it to the OpenMoko kernel
if necessary until it is merged.

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/266586/

--
Jan Lübbe <jluebbe at lasnet.de>            http://sicherheitsschwankung.de