GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - report 3

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 22:41:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

here are my progress in the GSoC project, I'm a little busy with my
university work right now, so my progress is not to much:

- I tested my daemon in several OS's (Various Linux distro's, Windows Xp,
Windows Media Center, OpenMoko dev image, ASU...) and it works fine
everywhere, I able to send keys events without any problem;
- I wrote some small routines to detect if the input service is running and
disable it (can't have both HID server and client running at the same time);
-  I also make a small routine to change the device class to a Bluetooth
combo, and restore it again to the default device when exit the program;
-  Cross compile my code and test it in the neo, I'm can send key to other
device (only with ssh to the neo, no gui at the time).
-  I also make some key maps to match the numeric value of the keys to
strings like KEY_A, KEY_B....

Right now I need a good way to connect my deamon (write in  C), and the
other parts of the project (in Python), right now I have to suggestion: Use
D-bus or just a Unix socket, anyone with other suggestion ?
I only need to expose a function that receive key events (and probably send
messages when something goes wrong).

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério