Help with creating a high-functionality, high-stability FSO/ASU based release

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Fri Jul 4 07:38:31 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 04 Juli 2008 03:54:38 schrieb Asheesh Laroia:
> My feelings on this are to to fork OE, FSO, and/or ASU into our own git
> branch hosted in our own repository (which I can easily host at
> git.asheesh.org).  Others can easily add it as a remote and cherry-pick
> what they need.

Why fork OE? You are welcome to maintain the SHR package recipes directly in
org.oe.dev. As for forking the relevant ASU and Om2007.2 applications, this
makes sense, since you will be changing the code.

I would not fork the framework daemons until necessary. I accept patches :)

> If we don't get a best practice recommended, IMHO we should forge ahead
> with some strategy anyway.  Let's keep talking.

Congrats for launching this!

Mickey.