GSoC Accelerometer-based Gestures Update 6

Paul-Valentin Borza paulvalentin at borza.ro
Sat Jul 5 10:05:41 CEST 2008

I had a busy week as I had by thesis defense on Tuesday - got a 10 :)
Nevertheless, I made a bitbake recipe and created a package for the
gestures. Big thanks to Daniel for helping me here!
The package contains my 3 shared libs (accelneo, accelwii, ges), two apps
(gesd, gesapp) and the configuration files and models which are placed in
/etc/gestures.
Everything works on the Neo, except that not so well as the gestures were
trained for the Wii which is in the +/-4G range and the accelerometer is not
tilted with 45 degrees as in the Neo.
I will modify the gesapp (training app) to work with the accels on the Neo
(currently, only the gesd works with the accelerometer in the Neo) - should
be ready today.
And then re-estimate the gestures on the Neo and upload the package on
projects.openmoko.org.
Remember that for now, it just echoes back the recognized gesture - enough
for everybody to see how the system works.

I have published my thesis papers here
http://dev.borza.ro/default.aspx?RootFolder=%2fdemo%2fMotion-based%20Gesture%20Recognition%20with%20an%20Accelerometer&FolderCTID=&View={D8375243-66F1-4CE2-B053-08313FA3D410}
Those papers will serve as theory for my implementation. You can take a look
at the cover, abstract, paper, and presentation. They are all uploaded
there.

Paul
--
http://www.borza.ro