3D support?

Harald Koenig koenig at linux.de
Sat Jul 5 17:29:49 CEST 2008

On Jul 01, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> no 3d accel available. basic 2d accel only in x (blits, fills). we can't
> provide you docs even if you sign an nda with us. it's trickier than that. no
> solution currently there, but we've looked at some ideas.

that's very sad to read! I just bought my FreeRunner just this week because
I head on seeral talk that "all docs are free" (except GSM stack, I don't care)
and now this ?

I've been working on the XFree86 S3 drivers since ~1993 for many years,
now this might have been a  new fun project?!   btw: in the _really_ early days
it was very easy to get S3 databooks without any paperwork, only the erratas
ans stepping infos always have been head to get (at least in time, not 2 years later;)

oh well, I should have read the wiki more detailed before beleaving those talks...
or are there any plans for a "solution" for this issue ??

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\