3D support?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Jul 5 21:22:27 CEST 2008

> that's very sad to read! I just bought my FreeRunner just this week
> because
> I head on seeral talk that "all docs are free" (except GSM stack, I
> don't care)
> and now this ?

yeah, get over it though, if you make too big a deal out of it, the
machine itself will probably break in your hands.

for sure, the /software/ aspect of openmoko is more open than the
hardware.  such is the nature of all hardware.

> oh well, I should have read the wiki more detailed before beleaving
> those talks...
> or are there any plans for a "solution" for this issue ??

on gp2x, another arm was pressed into doing defacto 3d and it turned
out great.  i think the 3d accel unit on freerunner is borked by the
memory/interface bottleneck, and it thus becomes impractical to use.

;
--
Jay Vaughan