TangoGPS and GPSD

Bernhard Hoell pearn at web.de
Sun Jul 6 13:19:17 CEST 2008

Hello,

I failed to get GPS working on my freerunner. I flashed the latest
openmoko-devel-image-om-gta02.jffs2  and matching kernel. I installed
tangogps as well as gpsd manually with opkg and I configured tangogps
to connect to the gpsd, which should have been running (since a
portscan of my freerunner showed port 2947 as open).
I kept it running for several hours, but tangogps did not report GPS
information. GPSD however used about 50 to 70 % of processor power.
I read through the mailing lists and checked the tangogps documents.

It seems to me that I am missing something here. Can somebody point me
to a more detailed documentation or give advice?

Thanks

Bernhard