SHR First steps

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 13:20:53 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Mikko Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> I on the other hand though it was more that the whole of qtopia gsm
> backend (which is its own animal and quite separate from FSO) and the
> qtopia apps was more ready for day to day use than any other full set.
> The gsmd stack used by the GTK apps (which weren't so bad themselves,
> though certainly in need of further UI tweaking) wasn't/isn't too
> stable, and the FSO stack, well, did it exist? Certainly no apps aside
> from the simple zhone dialer exist for it at this point even.

If I remember correctly, Mickey said (and tests proved) that the FSO
stack is more stable for purposes like pure telephony, and has a
stable suspend/resume functionnality, which is a huge step ahead for
the battery time. The problem is, as you pointed out, related to UI.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :-).

--
Julien Cassignol